Thursday, August 7, 2008

Update

Well, looking back at the blog and seeing where we've been, I find it rather difficult to believe we are now. There has been MUCH that has happened, but I'll try to be as brief and concise as possible.

First off, this is Clay and I am typing this blog from our new apartment in Broomfield, CO which is basically in-between Denver and Boulder. The decision for the move came up somewhat randomnly during some discussion post headache clinic and we'd known for a while that we were living in just about the worst area we could be, for me at least (We've probably mentioned this before, but Nashville, Knoxville, Memphis and Chatanooga are all in the top 10 worst places to live with migraine.)

That's definitely not to say that we moved solely in hopes that my head would be better. It started by me making the decision to shut down my construction business and see what I can make of myself in the "IT world", I'm not sure exactly what area as there are many I'm interested and somewhat knowledgable in. I forget how, but somehow moving to CO was mentioned. I've always wanted to live here since I can ever remember and Sarah had actually lived in Boulder for 3 years and when she moved back home was basically "resigned" to the fact that she would never live there again. So, it was mentioned and we both realized we'd like to live there so we figured....why the heck not??!? I'm looking for jobs anyway, Broomfield is a HUGE IT hub, which I hadn't realized, and I LOVE IT OUT HERE and there is definitely an element to my migraine/headache that just is not present being here instead of Nashville. Even better, I've finally found a medicinal solution to my head pain that relieves the pain without causing rebound and pretty keeps me at either an extremely low level or pain free if I regulate it correctly. Of course, there will always be the days that are bad or the headaches that just can't be "touched" by anything, but finally we have a quality of life we've never really had.

Unfortunately, Sarah is still in Nashville, working and living with her parents until I can get a job. That will suck until she gets here, because that's about the only thing that doesn't RULE about it out here. That and being away from all our friends and family of course, buy hey come out and visit, we're only about an hour from the slopes!!!!!!

I'll wrap up now, but just wanted to give an update and below I've included a little slideshow from when my dad helped me drive and move all of our belongings out west!

No comments: