Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Quick Update

In about an hour Clay and his mom are leaving for Chicago. We decided last night after watching the weather forecast that it would be better to play it on the safe side and have them fly out early. A winter storm is supposed to hit Chicago tonight, and we were worried that our flights tomorrow would be delayed or cancelled and thus prevent us from making it to our precious appointment! The appointment is Thrusday at 1:00. I will still fly out tomorrow. I am supposed to work again tonight but am first on the list to get called off if today is not a busy trauma day in Nashville. Pray that I do, so I can pack and get myself ready tonight. Please also pray for Clay. He is in alot of pain this morning and didn't sleep well last night. It seems the pain medicine and all of the medicine to stop the migraine is not doing the job well enough. Pray he can make it two more days until we see the doctor at the clinic. Please pray for wisdom insight and whatever your heart desires for Dr. Frytag (the doc we're going to see). His neurologist here says he is one of the top dudes at the clinic and has been there for 25 years (no, she did not actually say dudes...she is very professional). That makes me happy. I am nervous and a little bit scared. It is quite frustrating to have his pain meds not working the way I'd hoped. I started to feel anger toward God this morning and confessed that I feet like he thwarts every plan we've made and that it seems as if his hand is against us sometimes. I was quickly reminded by the Spirit of the verse somewhere in the Bible that states: "If God is for us, who can be against us." Please God be for us! Ok, I need to finish getting my husband ready to leave.
thank you for your prayers.
sarah

ps. If i had not proof-read this, it would have said twarts instead of thwarts. Twarts sounds funny in my head. I've definitely been awake too long. good night.

4 comments:

Cliff Pearce said...

Hi Sarah, I'm Cliff Pearce, Philip's dad. Anytime Pam and I don't know or can't find the reference to a scripture, we always cite Hebrews 4:4a, New American Standard: "For thus it says somewhere..." Even the writer of Hebrews, whoever he was, knew his verse was in there somewhere but couldn't find it!
I identify in a small way with Clay regarding migraines, except I would get them only about once a month. They would last all day with intense pain and continous vomiting. Mine have stopped since 2004 when I began wearing a CPAP mask for sleep apnea.
I Samuel 12:23, "As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you."

BevOz said...

Hey Clay & Sarah:
We continue to pray for you all--for safe travel, wisdom for you & the doctors, for continued grace and mercy from our Lord. We are desperate for you to have relief from your pain & suffering so will offer up prayers of praise for His answer that is already there!
We love you~~
Aunt Bev

Kelly Moreton said...

hey sarah!

i saw your comment on boothe's blog and made my way over here. i am praying for the chicago trip!

Unknown said...

Sarah....been praying for you during the appointment. love you guys and i trust God for your best. i think that is all we can do.