Monday, January 7, 2008

New Options

I feel that perhaps the Lord has given some more or new guidance, so I would plead for prayers to cover this next aspect of our medical journey. As a family, Clay and I with his parents have decided to start taking the steps in moving forward with pursuing more intensive therapies for his headaches. We are planning a trip at some point in the next month or two to travel to Chicago and meet with the doctors at the Diamond Headache Clinic. www.diamondheadache.com We plan to meet with Clay's neurologist here in Nashville on the 22nd of this month to talk more realistically about going to the clinic. Please pray for that meeting. We also are researching a migraine surgery best described at this website www.americanmigrainecenter.com. I confess that I am hopeful, yet nervous at the same time. What happens if we exhaust these two options and Clay still suffers relentlessly? I'm trying not to be ruled by the negative "what ifs" and focus on the "what is" in terms of what the gospel tells me. I'd ask that you pray for:
1 wisdom and discernment for the doctors we will visit
2 that we would see action from the Lord
3 for our fears to be comforted
4 clear direction as to whether or not we pursue the Clinic in Chicago or the surgery
5 that all our financial needs regarding these costly options would be met

Know that as I plead selfishly for your prayers for our family I am constantly thinking about and praying for many of you as well. I am learning how important it is to live and depend on community. We can live in so much darkness when we hide and try to pretend our lives are ok, fearful that others will think we are a burden if we confess our needs. There is so much freedom simply in confessing and letting the light of God's truth brighten a fearful or overwhelming situation! Thank you simply for a listening or "reading" ear because it lightens my load immensely.
We are off to see Clay's primary care physician to pursue a possible link between Patent Foramen Ovale and migraines. This could be an option to pursue further if Clay has a PFO. Pray for a miracle!

Love Sarah

1 comment:

Emily DeLoach said...

yay! we are praying for you tonight sarah!! congrats on making a move forward!